Terms and Conditions
“Seller” shall mean Global Interests Pty Ltd T/A Carton Warehouse its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Global Interests Pty Ltd T/A Carton Warehouse.
“Customer” shall mean the Customer (or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer) as described on any quotation, work authorisation or other form as provided by the Seller to the Customer.
“Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity, who agrees to be liable for the debts of the Customer on a principal debtor basis.
“Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by the Seller to the Customer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined) and are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other forms as provided by the Seller to the Customer.
“Services” shall mean all Services supplied by the Seller to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined above).
“Price” shall mean the price payable for the Goods as agreed between the Seller and the Customer in accordance with clause of this contract.
The Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 (“TPA”) and Fair Trading Acts (“FTA”)
Nothing in this agreement ais intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the TPA or the FTA in each of the States and Territories of Australia, except to the extent permitted by those Acts where applicable.
Any instructions received by the Seller from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by the Seller shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customers shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are binding and can only be amended with the written consent of the Seller.
The Customer shall give the Seller not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change of ownership of the Customer or any change in the Customer’s name and/or any other change in the Customer’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Customer’s address, facsimile number, or business practice).
The Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Seller as a result of the Customer’s failure to comply with this clause.
Goods are supplied by the Seller only on the terms and conditions of trade herein to the exclusion of anything to the contrary in the terms of the Customer’s order notwithstanding that any such order is placed on terms that purport to override these terms and conditions of trade.
Price and Payment
At the Seller’s sole discretion the Price shall be either:
- as indicated on invoices provided by the Seller to the Customer in respect of Goods supplied; or
- the Seller’s quoted Price (subject to clause ) which shall be binding upon the Seller provided that the Customer shall accept the Seller’s quotation in writing within thirty (30) days.
The Seller reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to the Seller’s quotation. Any variation from the specifications of the Goods (including, but not limited to, any variation as a result of increases to the Seller in the cost of materials and labour or fluctuations in currency exchange rates) will be charged for on the basis of the Seller’s quotation and will be shown as variations on the invoice.
At the Seller’s sole discretion a non-refundable deposit may be required.
At the Seller’s sole discretion:
- payment shall be due on delivery of the Goods; or
- payment for approved Customers shall be due thirty (30) days following the end of the month in which a statement is posted to the Customer’s address or address for notices.
Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or any other forms. If no time is stated then payment shall be due thirty (30) days following the date of the invoice.
Payment will be made by cash, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by credit card – excluding Amex (plus a surcharge of up to two percent (2.0%) of the Price), or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and the Seller.
GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
Delivery of Goods
At the Seller’s sole discretion delivery of the Goods shall take place when:
- the Customer takes possession of the Goods at the Seller’s address; or
- the Customer takes possession of the Goods at the Customer’s nominated address (in the event that the Goods are delivered by the Seller or the Seller’s nominated carrier); or
- the Customer’s nominated carrier takes possession of the Goods in which event the carrier shall be deemed to be the Customer’s agent.
At the Seller’s sole discretion the costs of delivery are:
- in addition to the Price; or
- for the Customer’s account.
The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Customer is unable to take delivery of the Goods as arranged then the Seller shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for redelivery.
Delivery of the Goods to a third party nominated by the Customer is deemed to be delivery to the Customer for the purposes of this agreement.
The Seller may deliver the Goods by separate instalments. Each separate instalment shall be invoiced and paid in accordance with the provisions in these terms and conditions.
The Customer shall take delivery of the Goods tendered notwithstanding that the quantity so delivered shall be either greater or lesser than the quantity purchased provided that:
- such discrepancy in quantity shall not exceed five percent (5%); and
- the Price shall be adjusted pro rata to the discrepancy.
The failure of the Seller to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all, where due to circumstances beyond the control of the Seller.
If the Seller retains ownership of the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Customer on departure from the Seller’s premises. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the Goods whilst in transit.
Where the Customer expressly requests the Seller to leave Goods outside the Seller’s premises for collection or to deliver the Goods to an unattended location then such Goods shall be left at the Customer’s sole risk and it shall be the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the Goods are insured adequately or at all.
If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Customer, the Seller is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of these terms and conditions by the Seller is sufficient evidence of the Seller’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Seller to make further enquiries.
The Seller and the Customer agree that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until:
- the Customer has paid the Seller all amounts owing for the particular Goods; and
- the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to the Seller in respect of all contracts between the Seller and the Customer.
Receipt by the Seller of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then the Seller’s ownership or rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
It is further agreed that:
- where practicable the Goods shall be kept separate and identifiable until the Seller shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Customer are met; and
- until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Seller to the Customer the Seller may give notice in writing to the Customer to return the Goods or any of them to the Seller. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease; and
- the Seller shall have the right of stopping the Goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made; and
- if the Customer fails to return the Goods to the Seller then the Seller or the Seller’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Customer, or any premises as the invitee of the Customer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods; and
- the Customer is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as the Seller has received payment in full for the Goods then the Customer shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods, up to and including the amount the Customer owes to the Seller for the Goods, on trust for the Seller; and
- the Customer shall not deal with the money of the Seller in any way which may be adverse to the Seller; and
- the Customer shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of the Seller; and
- the Seller can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Customer; and
- until such time that ownership in the Goods passes to the Customer, if the Goods are converted into other products, the parties agree that the Seller will be the owner of the end products.
The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within one (1) business day of delivery (time being of the essence) notify the Seller of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford the Seller an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective Goods, which the Seller has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, the Seller’s liability is limited to either (at the Seller’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods except where the Customer has acquired Goods as a consumer within the meaning of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (CWlth) or the Fair Trading Acts of the relevant state or territories of Australia, and is therefore also entitled to, at the consumer’s discretion either a refund of the purchase price of the Goods, or repair of the Goods, or replacement of the Goods.
Goods will not be accepted for return other than in accordance with above.
For Goods not manufactured by the Seller, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Seller shall not be bound by nor be responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than that which is given by the manufacturer of the Goods.
In the case of second hand Goods, the Customer acknowledges that he has had full opportunity to inspect the same and that he accepts the same with all faults and that no warranty is given by the Seller as to the quality or suitability for any purpose and any implied warranty, statutory or otherwise, is expressly excluded. The Seller shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods, or caused by the Goods, or any part thereof however arising.
Where the Seller has designed, drawn or written Goods for the Customer, then the copyright in those designs and drawings and documents shall remain vested in the Seller, and shall only be used by the Customer at the Seller’s discretion.
The Customer warrants that all designs or instructions to the Seller will not cause the Seller to infringe any patent, registered design or trademark in the execution of the Customer’s order and the Customer agrees to indemnify the Seller against any action taken by a third party against the Seller in respect of any such infringement.
Where the Seller has designed or drawn Goods for the Customer then the Customer undertakes to acknowledge the Sellers design or drawings in the event that images of the Goods are utilised in advertising or marketing material by the Customer.
The Customer hereby authorises the Seller to utilise images of the Goods designed or drawn by the Seller in advertising, marketing, or competition material by the Seller.
The Customer acknowledges that the Seller has disclosed, and may from time to time disclose, to the Customer certain Confidential Information and documentation of the Seller relating to the Goods, their marketing, use and maintenance, including technical specifications.
Subject to clause 11 the Customer must:
- only use the Confidential Information solely for the purposes contemplated under any relevant agreement; and
- not, during the continuation of the agreement or thereafter, disclose (whether directly or indirectly) to any third party the Confidential Information.
If disclosure of the Confidential Information to any third party is necessary, the Customer shall obtain from such third party binding agreements to maintain in confidence the Confidential Information disclosed at least to the same extent as the Customer is bound to protect the Seller’s Confidential Information under this clause 11.
Upon expiry or termination of any relevant agreement, the Customer must cease the use and return or destroy (as the Seller may instruct) the Seller’s Confidential Information in its possession or control.
The provisions of the clause 11 do not extend to any information which is (not subject to or in breach of an obligation or confidentiality):
- at the time of disclosure, rightfully known to, in the possession of or in the control of the Customer; and
- public knowledge; and
- approved to be disclosed by the Seller; and
- required to be disclosed by government authorities or by relevant laws.
Default and Consequences of Default
Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and one half percent (2.5%) per calendar month (and at the Seller’s sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgment.
In the event that the Customer’s payment is dishonoured for any reason the Customer shall be liable for any dishonour fees incurred by the Seller.
If the Customer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Customer shall indemnify the Seller from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the Seller in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis and the Seller’s collection agency costs.
Without prejudice to any other remedies the Seller may have, if at any time the Customer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment) the Seller may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Customer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Seller will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage the Customer suffers because the Seller has exercised its rights under this clause.
If any account remains overdue after thirty (30) days then an amount of the greater of twenty dollars ($20.00) or ten percent (10%) of the amount overdue (up to a maximum of two hundred dollars ($200.00)) shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
Without prejudice to the Seller’s other remedies at law the Seller shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Customer which remains unfulfilled and all amounts owing to the Seller shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable in the event that:
- any money payable to the Seller becomes overdue, or in the Seller’s opinion the Customer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or
- the Customer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Customer or any asset of the Customer.
Security and Charge
Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which the Seller may have howsoever:
- where the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Customer and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to the Seller or the Seller’s nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under these terms and conditions. The Customer and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that the Seller (or the Seller’s nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be withdrawn once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met.
- should the Seller elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Customer and/or Guarantor shall indemnify the Seller from and against all the Seller’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- the Customer and/or the Guarantor (if any) agree to irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint the Seller or the Seller’s nominee as the Customer’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this clause 12.
The Seller may cancel any contract to which these terms and conditions apply or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice to the Customer. On giving such notice the Seller shall repay to the Customer any sums paid in respect of the Price. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
In the event that the Customer cancels delivery of Goods the Customer shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Seller (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits) up to the time of cancellation.
Cancellation of orders for Goods made to the Customer’s specifications or non-stocklist items will definitely not be accepted, once production has commenced.
Privacy Act 1988
The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree for the Seller to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Customer and Guarantor/s in relation to credit provided by the Seller.
The Customer and/or the Guarantor/s agree that the Seller may exchange information about the Customer and the Guarantor/s with those credit providers either named as trade referees by the Customer or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to assess an application by Customer; and/or
- to notify other credit providers of a default by the Customer; and/or
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Customer is in default with other credit providers; and/or
- to assess the credit worthiness of Customer and/or Guarantor/s.
The Customer consents to the Seller being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
The Customer agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by the Seller for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Customer and Seller or required by law from time to time:
- provision of Goods; and/or
- marketing of Goods by the Seller, its agents or distributors in relation to the Goods; and/or
- analysing, verifying and/or checking the Customer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to provision of Goods; and/or
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Customer; and/or
- enabling the daily operation of Customer’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Customer’s account in relation to the Goods.
The Seller may give information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about the Customer; and/or
- allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Customer.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of Queensland and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Brisbane.
The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Customer arising out of a breach by the Seller of these terms and conditions.
In the event of any breach of this contract by the Seller the remedies of the Customer shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods.
The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the Price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by the Seller nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
The Seller may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Customer’s consent.
The Customer agrees that the Seller may review these terms and conditions at any time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which the Seller notifies the Customer of such change.
Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.